Follow these steps to prepare for a toxic mold inspection:
- Keep all doors and windows closed for a period of two hours before any testing begins.
- Turn off air purification machines for twenty-four hours before the appointment.
- Turn off HVAC/central heating systems for a minimum of two hours before testing.
- If this is a residential inspection, please do not bathe within 12 hours of the appointment. This assists the inspectors in determining the sources/s of possible plumbing leaks in bathrooms.
- No landscaping (cutting) for four hours before your appointment.
Valid mold outside baselines should not be performed within the first 24 hours after rain.
Why? Mold needs food (cellulose) and water to grow. Immediately after rain, mold grows quickly. It’ “blooms”. We compare inside air to the outside air. If the outside air has a lot of mold spores in the air, we may not see an indoor air problem.
When will I get my results?
Depending on the type of testing performed, lab results are usually ready within three business days. If the results are needed sooner, rush service is available. Let us know what you need. We can get results in under four hours.
Please schedule other inspectors to begin their work after the inspection.
Other Experts Recommendations
Sometimes if you can see discoloration or mold growth, an initial mold inspection may not be necessary. But, if you want cleanup directions, then expert mold inspections are a great benefit. Using our company you will receive detailed cleanup instruction. Most important is finding the source/s of water intrusions or humidity that cause mold growth. You MUST fix the leaks/high humidity or mold is likely to return.
See our mold credentials on ACAC.org.