The toxic mold Sporobolomyces is an allergen. Sporobolomyces is a possible pathogen, but not known to be a toxigenic agent.
- Allergen: coughing and sniffles
- Toxigenic: young, sick, and elderly
- Pathogenic: everyone
See More Here
Sporobolomyces is often found on tree leaves, soil, rotting fruit, and other plant materials with a peach, pink, or salmon coloration. It is disseminated as a wet by a discharge mechanism in times of high humidity.
For indoor growth, this fungus requires very wet conditions. As an allergen, it has been known to cause Type I and Type III allergen symptoms. As a pathogen, it has been known to cause dermatitis. It is not known to be a toxigenic agent.
Additional information can be found at EMLab Fungal Library.
Want to schedule an onsite inspection in San Francisco? Get a Quote.
Need an onsite inspection outside the San Francisco Bay Area? Find a Pro Here.