Schizophyllum commune toxic mold has been found growing on a variety of domestic materials, including non-cellulose containing plaster.
Schizophyllum commune toxic mold is small bracket-like fungi with whitish, hairy, with tough leathery flesh. They may remain dry for 50 years and when moistened will unroll their gills and begin shedding spores.
No information is available regarding toxicity and allergenicity has not been well studied on Schizophyllum Commune toxic mold.
- Allergen: coughing and sniffles
- Toxigenic: young, sick, and elderly
- Pathogenic: everyone
See More Here
Adverse health effects are rare but cases of the following in have been reported: brain abscess (1996), fungus ball in the lungs (1995), sinusitis (1992, 1990, 1986, and 1956), allergic bronchopulmonary mycosis (1994), ulcerative lesions of the hard palate (1973), chronic lung disease (1956), meningitis (1955), and onychomycosis (1950).
The natural outdoor habitat of this fungus is hardwood sticks, stumps, and logs, with a worldwide distribution.
Additional information can be found at EMLab Fungal Library.
Want to schedule an onsite inspection in San Francisco? Get a Quote.
Need an onsite inspection outside the San Francisco Bay Area? Find a Pro Outside San Francisco Here.