Myxomycetes toxic molds, also referred to as slime mold, usually cause allergic-like symptoms similar to asthma and hay fever in genetically sensitive individuals.
This mold is not pathogenic or toxigenic.
Characteristics: Considered a type I allergen. Not considered a human pathogen. Not considered a toxigenic agent.
Description: It is often found in decaying logs, stumps, and dead leaves particularly in forested regions. It is disseminated as a dry spore by the wind. As an allergen, it has been known to cause type I allergen symptoms including hay fever and asthma. It is not considered a human pathogen. It is not considered a toxigenic agent.
Allergen: coughing and sniffles
Toxigenic: young, sick, and elderly
See More Here
Myxomycetes toxic molds are often found in rotting lumber, decaying logs, stumps, dung, and dead leaves usually in forested regions. It can also be found in urban mulched flower beds.
Wind will blow dry myxomycetes spores. Raindrops will move myxomycetes spores. Insects can carry the spores on their bodies.
Additional information can be found at EMLab Fungal Library.